Guinea pigs make great little pets that are easy to look after and enjoy gentle handling, rarely bite and scratch, and when handled they like to talk!
Some points to consider when buying Guinea pigs as pets:
- They require a large hutch (minimum of 3ft) to be able to move around freely and nest comfortably.
- They need plenty of exercise and should be placed in a secure exercise pen for at least an hour each day.
- Guinea pigs are socially active animals and need plenty of company, we therefore only sell them in pairs.
- They need a diet of guinea pig muesli and nuggets, with access to fresh water, fresh vegetables and a constant supply of roughage such as hay to keep them in top shape.
- They can sometimes be nervous, but confident, gentle handling from a young age can be beneficial to their disposition. The more time you spend with them, the friendlier they are likely to be!
- Guinea pigs don't like wide open spaces so tubes and upturned cardboard boxes can be placed in their hutch and exercise pen to make them more comfortable.
- Guinea pigs have an average lifespan of 5-8 years.
We have lots of products to make your guinea pig as happy as possible:
- Hutches and Pens
- Specialist Guinea Pig Food, Roughage and Treats
- Guinea Pig Medicine
- Guinea Pig Toys and Chews